Initial assessment and integration plan
Finland has in place an Act on Integration, according to which registered immigrants in Finland must be provided with basic information on Finland. All immigrants (e.g. job seekers, university-degree students, stay-at-home mothers) have the right to initial assessment and an integration plan. When you move to Finland, you can apply for services that will help you integrate.
Are you a new citizen of Järvenpää?
You have the right for initial assessment, if
- you have moved to Järvenpää from abroad or elsewhere in Finland and
- your municipality is Järvenpää
- you haven't done integration plan before and
- you have had municipality in Finland maximum of three years
Initial assessment is to find out your situation and the need of services.
- testing language proficiency and assessment of your skills
- information about studying
- information about work
- information about the services in Järvenpää
- based on your initial assessment, the need of integration plan is assessed
- after the initial assessment, you may begin integration training or language courses
Initial assessment is free of charge. Interpreter is used if necessary.
- The plan may be drawn up if the initial assessment shows that you need support in your integration
- The integration plan is drawn up following your registration and extends for three years after your arrival in Finland
- The plan is drawn up together between you and an official of the Employment and Economic Development Office (TE Office) or with a social worker at the social services office
- The integration plan can include integration training, for example, participation in a language course, on-the-job training or other activities that promote integration
- The duration of the integration plan is determined individually. Your employment and education history, as well as your personal goals will play a role in how long you will need support
- While you are taking part in the integration plan measures, you are entitled to integration assistance to ensure that you have a means of income
Where is the initial assessment carried out?
If you are unemployed and registered as a job seeker, the Employment and Economic Development Office (TE Office) in Järvenpää will carry out the initial assessment
Järvenpää TE Office
- Mannilantie 28A, 04400 Järvenpää
- tel. 0295 040 000 (switchboard)
If you are a customer of the social services office, the initial assessment will be carried out there.
Social Services Office
- Hallintokatu 2, P.O. Box 41, 04410 Järvenpää
- tel. 040 315 3424 Mon–Thu 10–11
If you are employed, caring for children at home or studying, or if you are a newly arrived asylum-seeker or returnee, and you are not a customer of the social services office or the TE Office, the initial assessment will be carried out at Verso – Järvenpää's Immigration Office.
Järvenpää's Immigrant Office Verso
- Jampankaari 5a, 04440 Järvenpää
- p. 040 315 2273 Mon-Thu 8am-4pm, Fri 8am-1pm
- email: email@example.com
More information on the integration plan is available at Infopankki .